Today the Library's collections include more than one million items in a wide variety of formats and subjects. Staff assistance with materials and electronic resources is available at all times.
- Book Collection
- Contains 312,000 volumes covering a wide range of subjects; areas of concentration include public administration and government, social sciences, education, library and information science, business and computer applications.
- Reference Collection
- Includes directories, statistical databooks, almanacs, encyclopedias and other standard reference tools. More than 350,000 microforms support the Reference, Documents and Florida collections. Bibliographic and full-text CD-ROM and online databases are available.
- The Florida Collection
- Housed in the Dorothy Dodd Room, the Florida Collection is one of the most comprehensive collections of Floridiana. It includes materials covering all aspects of Florida's past, present and future. Books, manuscripts, maps, memorabilia and periodicals are just some of the 60,000 items to be found in the collection.
- State Planning Collection
- Arranged alphabetically by county and covering the years 1970 to the present, this collection contains local government comprehensive plans. Available On-Site Only
- State Documents Collection
- Comprises over 140,000 state documents from Florida's territorial period to the present. The State Library administers the State Documents Depository Program (257.05 Florida Statutes) and has aggressively collected publications from state agencies for distribution to designated libraries in Florida.
- Federal Documents Collection
- Comprises over 150,000 federal publications covering a wide variety of topics. As a selective federal depository library the State Library has federal documents which relate to interests and concerns of Floridians; coverage is from 1789 to the present.
State and federal legislation, statutes and regulations are available in a variety of formats, including printed materials, microfiche, cd-roms and online databases. Examples of coverage: online bill tracking services, Congressional hearings, bills and digests, and treaties.
Search for federal documents in the State Library's online catalog.